Swimming Lessons for Children
Monbulk Aquatic Centre has partnered with Swimming Australia to bring you a new and effective swimming and water safety program, focused on experiential and activity-based learning.
GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
The curriculum covers seven areas of learning that are combined and presented as activities to enhance student development. Key learning areas include:
- Entries and exits
- Floating and sculling
- Movement, propulsion and stroke development
- Personal survival
- Underwater skills
- Rescue and emergency
- Water safety knowledge
Students Gain Access To
Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 52 weeks.
Easy and Affordable Payments
With weekly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering you a preferred lesson time.
Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes via the Active World App.
Enjoy free family swim access for four weeks over summer period.
Plus One Week Holiday Swim Program
Other Swimming Programs
Download the Active World app
The GOswim program is fully integrated into Active World App to enhance parent communication with the Monbulk Aquatic swim school team.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students’ progress through our clearly defined pathway.
- Parents gain access to online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and other assessment criteria.
- Parents gain awareness of student application of knowledge, skill and understanding of swimming and water safety.
Pre School Classes
Seahorse Level 1 - min 3.5 years
Beginner; gain confidence; learn to place face in the water.
Seahorse Level 2
Confident in water; can put face in water; learning to independantly float front and back; learn how to streamline body position front and back.
Seahorse Level 3
Confident swimmer; can float unassisted; can streamline front and back; learning basic freestyle and back stroke.
Jellyfish Level 1
Beginner; gain confidence; learn to place face in the water; assisted float front and back.
Platypus Level 2
Confident in water; can put face in water; submerge; learn to float front and back unassisted then recover to stand; introduction of basic free style and back stroke 5 metres; board front and back.
Seal Level 3
Able to swim basic freestyle with breathing 10 metres; able to swim back stroke with correct body position and arm action for 10 metres; introduction of survival back stroke; tread water; sculling; floating.
Marlin Level 4
Can correctly freestyle with breathing 15 metres; can correctly back stroke 15 metres; learn survival back stroke 15 metres; learning continual swimming for 100 metres; tread water; sculling; floating
Shark Level 5
Can correctly freestyle with breathing 25 metres; can correctly back stroke 25 metres; will learn survival back stroke for 30 metres; practice 30 metre breast stroke; learn continual swimming for 50 metres; tread water; sculling; floating
Our Integrated App
Everyone's GOswim journey is powered by innovative technology. The Active World app was specifically designed to improve communication and interaction between your swim schools and swimmers.
Your self managed personal portal will enable you to:
- View upcoming classes
- Book new classes
- Advise of us of your child's non-attendance and book make-up lessons
- Track learning pathways and progression
- Receive digital awards for effort, teamwork, perseverance and having FUN!
- Send and receive messages to the Centre staff
- Manage personal and billing details
GOswim FAQs Expand all
GOswim Caters To
- Infants with their parents - Children aged 6 months to 3.5 years
- Preschoolers - Children aged 3.5 - 5 years
- Primary school aged children - Children aged 5 years and above
- Optus Junior Dolphins
- Adult swimming lessons
It's never too early or late to learn how to swim! Our program ensures students learn and understand personal survival and water safety elements at all ages.Other Benefits Include:
- Establishing a strong and effective swimming technique
- Becoming empowered to think, discuss and decide
- Enhancing knowledge, skill and understanding
- Supported by professionally qualified teachers
Membership fees are due and payable via direct debit. This fee covers the cost of the lesson and holds the student’s place in class. A separate document detailing terms and conditions related to direct debit payments is available from reception.
Essentials for Each Lesson
- A towel
- A well, non-contagious student
- Goggles or cap, if the student prefers
- A swim nappy if your child is not toilet trained
- A happy and cheery smile with lots of energy
- Students membership card and rewards card
- A hat or beanie to keep the head warm in winter
The membership fee secures your place within the program class. Program membership does not include an option for missed lessons.
Prior notification and presentation of a medical certificate for the missed lesson will generate a Family Swim practice pass. This offers free pool entry on your next non-lesson visit to the centre. This pass is valid for one month from the date of issue.