A fun, new way to learn how to swim and be safe.
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Optus Junior Dolphins Program.
$15.50 per Week Swim Program Membership*
The COOL stuff:
- Weekly lessons - Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks
- Easy and affordable - With weekly payment, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system
- Ongoing enrolment - Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering your preferred lesson time
- Year-round unrestricted access - Students have unrestricted access to aquatic areas
- Optus Splash App - Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression, learning activities and outcomes
- 4-weeks FREE family swim access over summer
- PLUS, 1-week holiday swim program – your choice of either Fast Track or Water Safety program.
Optus Splash App
The program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia’s Optus Splash app to enhance parent communication. You can download the Optus Splash app for android mobiles at Google Play store and for iPhone in the apple store.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students' progress through our clearly defined pathway
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students' progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents access online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and competency assessment criteria in student application of knowledge, skill and understanding.
The Lesson program is as follows:
Infant Level 1
6 MONTHS - 12 MONTHS
Infant Level 2
12 MONTHS - 2 YEARS
Infant Level 3
2 YEARS - 3.5 YEARS
PRE SCHOOL CLASSES
Pre School Level 1
min age 31/2
Beginner; gain confidence; learn to place face in the water
Pre School Level 2
Confident in water; can put face in water; learning to independantly float front and back; learn how to streamline body position front and back
Pre School Level 3
Confident swimmer; can float unassisted; can streamline front and back; learning basic freestyle and back stroke;
Primary Level 1
Beginner; gain confidence; learn to place face in the water; assisted float front and back
Primary Level 2
Confident in water; can put face in water; submerge; learn to float front and back unassisted then recover to stand; introduction of basic free style and back stroke 5 metres; board front and back
Primary Level 3
Able to swim basic freestyle with breathing 10 metres; able to swim back stroke with correct body position and arm action for 10 metres; introduction of survival back stroke; tread water; sculling; floating
Primary Level 4
Can correctly freestyle with breathing 15 metres; can correctly back stroke 15 metres; learn survival back stroke 15 metres; learning continual swimming for 100 metres; tread water; sculling; floating
Primary Level 5
Can correctly freestyle with breathing 25 metres; can correctly back stroke 25 metres; will learn survival back stroke for 30 metres; practice 30 metre breast stroke; learn continual swimming for 50 metres; tread water; sculling; floating
Primary Level 5
Squads and Optus Junior Dolphin
BEGINNERS TO ADVANCED
Focus on confidence and stroke development.